Monday, December 1, 2008

Priyanka Chopra view's for Dostana



What do you think of the music of DOSTANA…?

I think the music of Dostana is extremely apt for the film. It's a film base in Miami, its fun, its young, it's vibrant and the music of Dostana is exactly that. Every song is a geminate zone and each song tells the story which is the best thing about the music of this film.


Which is your favorite track?

My favorite track would be 'Desi Girl' and then it would be 'Jaane Kyun'. Yah, these are my two favorite tracks otherwise like I can go on.


What made you decide to do this film?

I think the first thing that made me decide to do this film was that it was not a conventional love story. It's not just a triangle between these two boys and one girl. It was like a pyaar mein twist which was really nice; I mean it's basically about friendship. It's a really fresh film and the fact that the boys are playing the gay love interest. I think the whole aspect and the story is put together was something that told me that I had to do this film.


What do you look for in the script before you sign any movie?

I think the first thing I look before signing the film is that I would go watch the film as an audience. And with Dostana I knew I would be totally interested in seeing it.


Can you tell us something about the character you play…?

My character's name is Neha and she is a fashion editor of a fashion magazine. She is a confident girl of today's time who loves her friend till death. Does everything with them, they all are together all the time and eventually whatever happens in their lives changes her life forever.


Who has done your styling in the movie? How was it working with him/her?

In terms of clothes, the styling is done by Manish Malhotra and its great working with Manish. I think the look of Neha is totally my style which is understated and subtle and yet formal and young. And I think that is what Manish brought out very beautifully.


What was it like working with Dharma production?

I think Dharma spoils you for any production. They treat you so well, they pamper you and they take care of you. And when you go out and work with someone else you are like Oh man!! I want to work with Dharma. So it was great working with everybody at Dharma. I think Karan is a fantastic producer. I think the entire team of Dharma in terms of production and direction just put so much in this film just makes you completely feel at home.


What was it like working with debutant director Tarun Mansukhani?

When I saw Tarun for the first time I was like what he is going to make the film? Then he started spending time with me and I knew that there wasn't anybody better than Tarun to do this film. He knew this film like the back of his hand probably because he has written it. But if I had any question he had the answer for it which is what made me realize that Tarun was so sure about his product and that shows in the film.


How was it working with Abhishek after BLUFFMASTER?

It was great working with Abhishek. He is always been a fantastic co star. He has got incredible energy on set. He is constantly bouncing and I think it was ideal for his character in the film. He plays Sam and Sam is exactly Abhishek. They are so made for each other and Abhishek is fantastic in the movie and it was fabulous working with him.


How was it working with John?

John I worked in the film called Karam and working with him in Dostana…he is a sweetest member in the team of Dostana I think or at least he pretended it to be. He is extremely naughty and at the same time very cordial, very well behaved, always punctual and always on time. He is so fresh in this movie; I mean he had such a great approach towards his character Kunal. And the way Tarun had written it I think he had written it with John in mind which is why they were so synonyms with each other on the sets. You don't really see them as two different people and I think this is one of the John's best films in terms of the way he has looked, performed and everything.


The film is about friendship, what role does friendship play in your personal life?

I think friendship is extremely important in anybody's life. You eventually live for love and love doesn't just mean loving your spouse, your boyfriend, family or your mom. I think your friends play an integral part in shaping the kind of personality you are. They are the people whom you laugh with and who let you cry at the same time. And I think that is why friends are for in Dostana which will show you exactly that.


This is a Dharma film production distributed by YRF, its coming together of two big production houses, what do you have to say about it?

I think the combination of YRF and Dharma is ideal. They are the biggest in the Hindi film industry and coming together would be great for the film. I have great admiration for both production companies and I think they will take the film exactly where it should be positioned.


Your shoot experience in Miami and other locations…

Miami was one of my best experiences. I had so much fun in Miami that when I came back I felt I had just finished my summer vacations. I didn't feel like I was working. I think it was just a vibe in the entire crew. Everybody was so much fun and we did everything together. I think just being able to connect with everybody at a deeper level was really nice. And Miami was truly like a summer vacation.


Any memorable incident during the shoot of the film…

I think the one thing I come out of Dostana, especially the Miami schedule would be that we all for apt would be in gym together. If you enter the gym you would see the entire crew of Dostana in the gym. And it was like everybody was possessed to work out, to look great. I think it was very nice that the crew was coming together besides the sets and that's something I really remember.


How do you think the audience will react to the comical gay theme in this film?

I think the first and for most it's the gay theme done in this film, is done very sensitively. It's not made out to be caricatures at all which the first great thing about the film Dostana is. The fact that it's really a funny film because this girl which is my character believes these two guys who are gay and she loves them, they are best friends. In the whole duration they are just pretending.


You have worn a golden swim suit in the film, what was your reaction when you first saw it?

When I saw this swim suit first I knew that I had to wear. Manish brought a lot of options of swimming costumes and when I saw the gold one I just knew that that was it.


Your look in Dostana is much talked about, was there any fitness regime you had to go through to get this look?

I was already on the training of my film Fashion. So I was already under going a lot of gyming. I wasn't dieting because I work out and I can eat. I love my food. We did a lot of training during Fashion and that pulled over in Dostana because I wanted a correct form in both these films. Well, in Dostana we were in Miami and I had a trainer from Miami itself who was extremely tough on me and should make sure that o go to the gym every single day and that is the only thing I really focused on training and not dieting to loose weight.


It's been a busy year for you, so what's next?

Wow!! I think Dostana is the end of this year for me and I am hoping it with the bang. It's a great film and it's something I am very excited about. I think I will take a break for the couple of months. After this it would be Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Kaminey' and Ashutosh Gowariker's 'What's Your Raashee'.


How would you best describe your co stars?

I think the best way of describing my co stars is that they are made for each other couple and they prove that on the set of the movie. They got along with each other more than anybody else. They became great friends and the chemistry between the two of them and me really shows.


Any messages for your fans?

All I would like to tell the people who are watching this is that Dostana is a fantastic movie. Its something that when you go in there you are feeling like that you don't really want to think too much but when you come out you will feel that you really want to watch it again. Go watch Dostana you will definitely like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

सोहर-मड़ुआ के रोटीया, रहरिया के दलिया...

सोहर के क्रम मे अब यहाँ सामान्य परिवार की भोजपुरिया पत्नी के पति के प्रति अनुरक्ति भाव के प्रतीक एक भोजपुरी गीत का नमूना देखिए  "...